I’ll be giving a talk tomorrow night at Ignite Seattle, where a bunch of geeks get up and give five minute talks on some topic. The twist is that you get 5 minutes exactly to present 20 slides: the slides advance every 15 seconds, with or without you. Topics have ranged from “Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters” to How to Eat Out. It’s a hoot.
Last time, I talked about How To Build an SMS Service, this time I’ll be talking about beekeeping, so I’m expecting some new visitors to this site. For those of you just joining us, I’ve picked out a few older posts that I think you might enjoy:
- The Girls Are Back In Town: Longish post on setting up the hive after a die-off. The video shows you what it’s all about.
- Bee v. Yellowjacket Smackdown: In which the honeybees engage in mortal combat with their arch-nemesis, the yellowjackets. Another video, Speilberg, eat your heart out.
- Great Balls of Fire: You will not believe how the bees protect themselves overseas.
- Swarm! Swarm! Swarm!: Watch what happens when there are two queens in a hive.
- Swarm II: The Return of Swarm: I thought I solved the problem. I didn’t.
- Bee Pron: My friend Pmatt came and took some beautiful pictures of the girls.
If you use an RSS reader, subscribe with the little “RSS Feed” widget to your left. If not, come on back now, here?
And now, a treat from the past: